Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Thinking of Faith

Feb 2004 - 
Thinking of Faith

I saw a woman of your likeness on the street this evening which reminded me of you. Reminded me that another valentine's day passed and though I thought of you often and I tended to acknowledge the occasion, I again failed to take appropriate action. This reminded me of the humor and irony of our demise, from which I have derived many hours of stories, humor and lessons learned.

I can't count the times I have recounted my fateful answer to the "sexy" question, as a lesson, and illustration, and as a joke.

I had a light "happy hour" dinner at Jake's tonight, having stayed downtown after work to see a film brought here by the Portland International Film Festival. Of course, being there reminded me of that fateful night waiting for you, while you waited for me. I still laugh at the absurdity of it all, but am far beyond being perturbed by your anger.

I do hope that you will grant your new valentine two things that I didn't get. When you've argued about something for a few hours, and find yourselves making no discernible progress toward a solution, 1) realize and admit that there is a possibility that you might have drifted out into the cloudy fringes of rationality, and 2) grant that the whole situation might not look so bad and hopeless after a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment